Friday, April 8, 2011

Romance Novel Collaboration: Secrets of a Perfect Night, Author: Rachel Gibson, etal, Romance Novel Collaboration: Hot Ticket, Author: Deidre Martin, etal, Romance Novel Collaboration: Perfect For the Beach, Author: Lori Foster, Janelle Denison, Erin McCarthy, MaryJanice Davidson

"Carrie Fay always says that nothing is really horrible unless it eats away your face."
Funniest line I've read in a book all week! From Up In Smoke by Katie MacAlister.

Totally unrelated to today's blogpost but I had to share.

There’s a certain type of collaboration where authors who write novels get together and write a book containing a shorter story from each one. Some of those collaborations have led me to favorite authors.

For example: Secrets of a Perfect Night by Victoria Alexander, Rachel Gibson and Stephanie Laurens; led me to Rachel Gibson. From her book, Nothing But Trouble:

"Well, you just turned down a once in a life time offer. I never cook for my employer. It sets a bad precedent and to be totally honest, I suck in the kitchen," she said through a big grin which might have been cute if it wasn't so annoying.

God he hated cheerful people. Time to piss her off and get her to leave. "You don't sound Russian."

"I'm not."

He lowered the bottle as he lowered his gaze to her orange leather jacket. "So why are you dressed like you're just off the boat?"

She glanced down at her dress and pointed out. "It's my Pucci."

Mark was pretty sure she hadn’t said pussy, but it had sure sounded like it. "I'm going to go blind looking at you."

She glanced up and the corners of her blue eyes narrowed and he couldn't tell if she were about to laugh or yell. "That's not very nice."

"I'm not very nice."

Nothing But Trouble is the story of injured hockey player Mark Bressler and slasher-film actress Chelsea Ross. As you can read, they got off to a bad start but you can always trust Rachel Gibson to give them and you a HEA. Her storytelling abilities and her wonderful HEA’s are why I’ve read everything she’s written and why I’m looking forward to her next book, Any Man of Mine coming out April 26th, 2011.

Another collaboration, Hot Ticket by Deirdre Martin , Julia London, Annette Blair and Geri Buckley gave me Deirdre Martin. Deirdre also writes about hockey players. This is from her book, Body Check;

“I want to know why you looked so shocked when I spoke French?”

“You never mentioned it.”

“I never had to. You can’t be in the NHL for as long as I have and not speak some French.”

“Fascinating.”

Ty leaned over, elbows on the bar, so they were eye level. “I can’t believe you went out with that guy,” he murmured. “No wonder you were so desperate to hook-up with me.”

Janna’s head whipped around, “I beg your pardon.”

“You heard me. My sainted old granny has more testosterone than that guy.”

Janna’s teeth clenched. “I hate you. You know that? Hate, hate, hate.”

Of course, she doesn’t hate him. Deirdre Martin is another romance author who can be counted on for characters that are lovable, story that pulls you in and a HEA. Her latest, which I loved, Icebreaker, is out now.

The collaboration, Perfect For the Beach by Lori Foster, Janelle Denison, Erin McCarthy and MaryJanice Davidson turned me on to Erin McCarthy, whose Fast Track series about race car drivers I talked about in an earlier blogpost entitled, Holy Hard Nipples, Batman. I also enjoyed the Fred the Mermaid trilogy by MaryJanice Davidson.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Personally speaking, I have decided to serialize a novel on this blog on Fridays. I feel the need to put my current work aside for awhile. Unfortunately I have no publisher breathing down my neck to finish them. Fortunately that leaves me free to embrace something new. AND FUN. I’m ready for some fun. First serial novel post will be Friday, April 22nd. After a month or 2, I will reassess to see are people reading? Is it working for me? I appreciate your feedback that helped me make a decision.

NEXT FRIDAY APRIL 15TH; SPREAD THE WORD - I WILL BLOG ON THE BRANDY ALEXANDER SERIES BY WONDERFUL WRITER, SHELLY FREDMAN. FROM THE COMMENTERS FRIDAY THE 15TH, SATURDAY THE 16TH, AND SUNDAY THE 17TH, SHELLY WILL PICK A WINNING COMMENT AND THAT PERSON WILL RECEIVE A FREE COPY OF THE FIRST BRANDY ALEXANDER NOVEL - NO SUCH THING AS A SECRET.

I hope you are excited. I am

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to read the serial! I'm glad you've found something to prod you into writing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are happy then we are happy. Looking forward to reading all that you wish to share.

    Great post, I love these reommendations more than I can say.

    Hell yes I'm excited!!!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete