Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Hints, distance and rising creeks

I have not prepared my usual blog post with quotes from a great book, etc.

I have read 2 great books;

One was The Secret of Joy by Melissa Senate. You may recall that I blogged about her wonderful book The Love Goddesses Cooking School. She commented on that post about how much she appreciated what I had said about her book. And offered to send me a signed copy of The Secret of Joy. I received that signed copy and read it. It's really wonderful book also. At some point I will blog about it.

The other book shall remain nameless for now as I will blog about it quite soon. I will give you a small hint, though:


I don't have a good excuse for not putting up my usual blog. The truth is that I'm going through a few days where I feel disconnected. Not entirely present. I'm going through the motions but in the back of my mind where I can't get at it, my brain is processing something.

Does that ever happen to you?

I don't believe in god but sometimes I'm still tempted to use the phrases that my dad used to use. Like this one. On Friday I will return god willin & the creek don't rise.

2 comments:

  1. I know the feeling. Really. Hope your brain works everything out to your satisfaction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's ok, I'm catching up on three days of blog reading here cause I've been all kerfuffly myself for days! Not disconnected, but... I don't know... all over the map. By the way, I intend to read your Ghosts, but I don't always get to things right away. (Like reading blog posts! Then I catch up all in one night!)

    ReplyDelete