Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Cranky to Happy in no time flat

BettyVerse readers - I'll be the featured columnist on Tuesday July 26th and Tuesday August 2nd. They're both blogs kind of like novel truths but with a different sort of a kick. If you aren't a BettyVerse reader, there's no time like the present to Check. It. Out.  http://bettyverse.com/

Hell week is over for now. My schedule is leveling out. I feel like I've been in 'on' position for a long time and I've just been allowed to turn 'off' for a while.

Over in Julieland we're talking about joy. http://urthalun.com/ I'm so silly, sometimes. It can be a major effort to drag myself to the pool. Then when I 'm there, my body is so joyfully happy to be moving around in the water.

Other things that give me joy - fun with my grandkids; writing Hungry Ghosts. Today I wrote some on the next installment and it involved solving some logistical, technical things. Pretty soon I've gone from cranky to happy. Go figure.

And I got the air conditioner fixed on my car. In 100+ high humidity weather, ain't nothing more joyful than a fully functioning air conditioner!

So while y'all contemplate what's giving you joy - I'll just go on living this gravy train with biscuit wheels life of mine.

5 comments:

  1. Biscuit wheels?? lol Gives me joy... ummm YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Hell Week coming to an end! Also, technical stuff? Hmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  3. hurrah for the a/c being fixed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am such a fan of Joy! (And gravy.)
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mabel and Julie - I love biscuits and gravy, of course, but I also love all the sayings Southern people have using them. I was sitting in a blue plate diner today and I heard a new one. "If you're visiting someone it's time to go home when the gravy gets thin." Get it? It took me a second but I think they mean cause the provisions for making thick gravy are running low.
    Delia - can't wait for you to read the technical stuff of this installment. It was such fun. It's the first time I ever thought - maybe I shouldn't put this out for free - someone may steal it and use it. Then I thought - oh, who cares?
    Lora - have mercy do I need that a/c this week!

    ReplyDelete