Friday, September 30, 2011

the Friday song

You know those moments that stay with you even though they're completely unimportant? I remember a night long ago, I was in my mid 30's. I had gone dancing with some girlfriends to a new club in St. Louis where I lived at the time. The club was in an old, huge bank vault.
The moment came when a certain song came on. I loved the song so I was dancing pretty much oblivious to my surroundings. Suddenly, unexpectely, a hat plopped on my head. It looked kind of like this hat:
except it was very dark brown.


The plopper was a handsome man who looked around the same age as me. He had wild curly brown hair, sexy lips and dark brown eyes lit up with 'interest' in me. He was average height and weight. We danced the whole song and just as it ended and he started to say something to me, his guy friends called out to him that they were leaving. He turned and shrugged to me, took his hat and went off.

For years there was a radio station that played that song every Friday at 5o'clock to celebrate the end of the work week. And every Friday I would remember that moment and smile.

I give you the Friday song:




Thank Goodness It's Friday, Y'all!


5 comments:

  1. That's such a fun song. Thanks for the pick-me-up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great memory! What a sweet slice of your life to take out and savor. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah! I remember the dancing and the boys and the moments you wonder about, if only they'd gone on just a bit longer.

    One of my favorite songs, too! I'm sitting on the couch and dancing along with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe... what a fun memory. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these little glimpses into the pasts of my bloggy friends. Great memory!

    ReplyDelete