Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Romance Suspense Novel: Not One Clue, Author: Chrissy McMullen

MIRROR, MIRROR ON THE WALL, WHO'S THE SNARKIEST OF THEM ALL?

"I have a deep and abiding affection for sleep and tend to get somewhat miffed when I and my beloved are separated." Chrissy McMullen from Not One Clue by Lois Greiman

I feel the same way, Chrissy. If only I could figure out just what to do to lure sleep back into my bed on a regular basis.

"There's nothing like a trash-talking stalker to make a girl feel special." Chrissy McMullen from Not One Clue by Lois Greiman

Damn straight. And if I have a yummy Lindt Touch Of Sea Salt dark chocolate bar to eat while I'm listening to his filthy propositions, all the better.

"I heard him sigh. It sounded like the conversation was kind of making him old. I decided to change the subject before he needed an oxygen tank." Chrissy McMullen from Not One Clue by Lois Greiman

Oh for the days when I had a man whose buttons I could push until his eyes popped out.

Ah well, until I can find another one (as in, never) did you know that in I, Robot, the movie, there's a shower scene with Will Smith? The things you learn in fiction novels.


"I didn't try to explain my sense of humor. She wouldn't be the first to mistake it for lunacy." Chrissy McMullen from Not One Clue by Lois Greiman

I can't believe how much I have in common with this chick. I kid myself that people just don't get me but really, most of the time they think I'm crazy.

"The grocery carts were mating in the entry way." Chrissy McMullen from Not One Clue by Lois Greiman

I read this line and I'm so envious. Why can't I see the world like this? Like Lois Greiman? Or Tawna Fenske? Or Linda Grimes?

"I tried to console her, but the truth is that overt displays of emotion make me itchy. We Midwesterners are more comfortable with snot than with tears. It's a condition that conflicts almost constantly with the sappy Celt in me." Chrissy McMullen from Not One Clue by Lois Greiman

This is getting downright eerie. I'm the same way and I'm even 7/8ths sappy Celt.

"I'm naturally a trusting sort, but folks have attempted to kill me a few times and that's put something of a damper on my optomism regarding the inherent goodness of the human spirit." Chrissy McMullen from Not One Clue by Lois Greiman

Okay here's where we differ. For me the push towards pessimism doesn't come from someone attempting to kill me, it comes from three men succeeding in marrying me and the harrowing lengths I had to go to in order to regain my freedom and recover my sanity.

"The ice cream was beginning to chill my nerves and restore the usual munificence I reserve for all mankind." Chrissy McMullen from Not One Clue by Lois Greiman

Amazing the restorative powers of a Dove bar. If I eat it while watching that shower scene...what former husbands...who remembers any former husbands...not me.

"Originally I had thought he might also be a murderer. Now I believed him to be a genuinely nice person. Does it seem odd that a licensed psychologist can't tell the difference?" Chrissy McMullen from Not One Clue by Lois Greiman

Why should a piece of paper give you an advantage over the rest of us?

"I had always believed that people were basically who they were. They could change their situations, their surroundings, and their actions. But eventually their true colors would show through." Chrissy McMullen from Not One Clue by Lois Greiman

I believe that. Of course I have been known to be color blind.

Chrissy McMullen is a character that I love. Lois Greiman has written a fabulous series featuring Chrissy and her hot Latin love interest, Jack Rivera. Their relationship is built on witty, sassy, snarky, risque dialogue. There are a number of lovable, wounded, characters common to all of the books in the series.

The books are - in order -  Unzipped; Unplugged; Unscrewed; Unmanned; One Hot Mess; Not One Clue.

It's a cozy mystery series. McMullen is a psychologist. Rivera is a police detective.

Greiman isn't required to give us an HEA since it isn't officially a romance. She's good with the HFN's, though. It's rumored that this is the last book in this series. If so, that's alright with me. The last page of the last book definitely makes me happy.

She has a number of other books in a number of other genres. Check out her website for more information.

I went to her website and found this: "Just got an offer to write a story for the Mammoth Book of Scottish Romance. Fun!"

And this: According to a fan poll this is what Jack Rivera looks like. 



If your mind works like mine and you put those two bits of info together, you're picturing Goran Visnjic in a kilt.

Hot damn I need a cold shower!

7 comments:

  1. Hey, I'm envious of that grocery cart line, too. Wish I'd thought of it.

    How can I have missed these Lois Greiman books? They sound like just my cup of (spiked) tea.

    Thanks for providing some nice, um, scenery, for my Tuesday morning. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm...Goran Visnjic. Hey, what are the odds we can get him in a shower scene? Love those dark Slavic men. Mmmmmm...

    Wait, what were we talking about? Oh yeah. The books. Those sound good, too. And you're not alone; I am also envious of the shopping cart line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will never look at a shopping cart in the same way.

    And I thought I saw, 'I, Robot'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know that every time you give me series novels in order(!) I love you just a tiny bit more...
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm liking the goran visnjic pic...except wasn't he the useless dad in Electra? Jennifer Garner (who admittedly kicks ass) had to save him a zillion times. Eh...

    I too love the snark. One of the main reasons dh has surrendered to my love of the Jess Darling series...the unremitting snarkiness of narration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not only is this your typically fantastic post but as an added bonus we get the Will Smith shower scene and Goran. You sure know the way to our hearts, Judy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ah, yes, the Will Smith shower scene. I always kind of wish the kids would leave the room when that comes on.

    ReplyDelete