Friday, November 18, 2011

Erotica Romance Novel: Good Girls Don't, Author: Victoria Dahl

A mini rave and a mini rant AND AN UPDATE

RAVE
Victoria Dahl is good reading y'all. She can make you forget about the above travesty. She's not quite the erotica that is Erin McCarthy, but she's not an innocent kiss before riding off into the sunset, either.
I'm reading the Donovan Brothers Brewery series, 1 - Good Girls Don’t, 2 - Bad Boys Do, and 3 - Real Men Will. The characters are lovable. The plots are fun. And there's a kilt-wearing bartender. What more could you want for an enjoyable escape?

RANT
I don't care what you believe about Obamacare, the correct reaction to United States Supreme Court Justices, Scalia and Thomas, having dinner with the law firm bringing the case against Obamacare to the high court, should be outrage.
I don't care if it is illegal or if it is an offense against some written down set of ethics for them, it's wrong, and they know it's wrong. Or do they? Are they really so corrupt that they don't know a conflict of interest when they see it?
And it sets a precedent that is very ugly. Or does it? Have they been behaving in this manner all along? It would sure explain some things.
Once upon a time we trusted those people who had made it to the level of Supreme Court Justice to know the difference between right and wrong and to act accordingly. I guess those days are over.
Do we need to make stricter laws governing them now? Are they impeachable? Because if they are - let's do it. If a 90,000 page report can be written, and impeachment charges brought against Bill Clinton for getting a blow job in the oval office, impeaching Scalia and Thomas for this outrage should be easy.

UPDATE:  I may have been a little hasty in saying Victoria Dahl isn't erotica. The books got progressively steamier and the third one had me frequently fanning myself and saying, "oh, my."
I thoroughly enjoyed them but I don't want to mislead anyone.

3 comments:

  1. Wait, I got distracted... did you say KILT?
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. The part of me who took several years of law classes keeps screaming AVOID EVEN THE APPEARANCE OF IMPROPRIETY!!! This was drilled into paralegal students. You'd think judges would have learned it by now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie - yep, you heard right - a kilt wearing bartender, be still my heart.
    Delia - I know, right. It makes me feel so helpless when they completely, blatantly disregard safeguards that have been accepted for years.

    ReplyDelete