Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Work In Progress: Tangible Taffy, Collage, Romance Novel: Agnes and the Hitman, Author: Jenny Crusie

Taffy's reading room

Hey Y'all -

Lest you think I have forgotten about my new novel - here is the latest work towards making it happen:


This is Taffy's reading room.

Of course, I'm not Jenny Crusie so things are out of proportion, but you get the idea.

This is Agnes and Shane:





Shane the Spanish Dagger is on the left. Agnes the Artichoke is on the right. See how they live at the top of the stairs in the cool, blue room? If you don't get that reference - read Agnes and the Hitman by Jennifer Crusie and Bob Mayer very, very soon. You will love it.

This is Taffy's comfy couch that she often falls asleep on and her cute, trunk, coffee table:


Is that not a cute, comfortable-looking couch? I love the light fixture, too.

And, of course, her wall to wall book shelves:

Notice the belly dancer painting on the wall. Not sure what that's about, yet. Does she belly dance as exercise? Maybe.

Are you thinking this may actually be my idea of the perfect room? I must admit; I enjoyed putting it together.

What would your perfect room look like?

10 comments:

  1. This is awesome. I've never put rooms together.

    My perfect room for me would be a comfortable room, good light, I love the look and feel of distressed furniture, so nothing fancy there. Just a comfy couch and maybe an over stuffed chair. A table to set my drink on. I would love books, (or plug for my kindle ;), desk with a computer. Like plants. Dog curled up on the couch with me and a cat in the window enjoying the sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your room does sound perfect!

      Delete
  2. I like Taffy's room! :)

    My perfect room would have floor to ceiling bookshelves on every wall, a comfy chair, and a good lamp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you except some of those walls have to have windows UNLESS there could be a really awesome, really big skylight right in the middle of the room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the room! I'd like more bookshelves, though. The barrister kind (I hate dusting). Or -- OH! -- the kind that are so high you need one of those rolling ladders. Yeah...

    Agnes the Artichoke. Heh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always thought those rolling ladder shelves were cool, too.

      Delete
  5. Great room! No worries, none of us is Jenny, only SHE can be. You are you and that's ideal.

    My perfect room has only three walls because the other is open to the ocean and sand drifts across the floor...

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that would be cool. I've always wanted to live as much outside as in.

      Delete
  6. Hm thought I commented on this already! I know I read it. And thought: How cute! And clever! Like a Clever Cherbetty.

    ReplyDelete