Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The 'force' has 'taken agin' me

Did you ever feel like you were living the opposite of a charmed life? Lately it seems that might be true for me.

I started a diet, right? One of my downfalls is chips. There are only two occasions in which there are chips at my house. One is when I buy them. The other is when they're left over from a family bbq.

Since I started my diet, out of the blue, my brother bought a big bag of chips and left them at the house.

Once a month my mom has a dinner meeting and she brings home leftovers. It is never anything I like. This month it was lasagna. Can you believe it? Lasagna and garlic bread.

Since I started my current job, once my boss has put something in the break room for everyone. Very lousy store bought cookies.

Saturday there were boxes and boxes of pepperoni pizza in the break room. A treat from my boss. My protein powder shake and my salad I eat everyday didn't stand a chance.

Sunday, the leftovers from the company picnic were in there. A refrigerator full of bbqd hot dogs, hamburgers, pasta salad, a box full of chips, tubs full of cookies that look delicious and soda galore. Again, not much chance for my protein shake. I did eat my strawberries, though.

On my way to work, I was driving down the road on a beautiful sunny day when suddenly, I couldn't see in front of me. It was hailing so bad I had to pull off. Others pulled off, too. Wind blew and hail rained down for ten minutes before it let up and I could continue up the road.

First diet saboteurs. Then deadly weather forces.
Now I'm writing this and I'm trying to dredge up a third thing, because these things always happen in threes.

In the words of Marian Keyes, the forces have 'taken agin' me.

I'm scared, y'all.

12 comments:

  1. Oh, no! It does seem like life conspires against us sometimes, doesn't it? Hope that third thing is mild, and out of the way quickly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Delia may be right because another disaster could have come my way and I managed to circumvent it.

      Delete
  2. Be brave, little soldier! It's going to be okay--you'll get back on track and it'll all be good. Saboteurs lurk everywhere and most are not intentionally causing harm to our food plans. Take heart and carry on... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm turning those sabotages into motivation. I'm deep into the Easyweigh to Lose Weight by Allen Carr. Actually reading it instead of just carrying it around.

      Delete
  3. I think you're in the clear. By my count (chips, lasagne, pizza, treat, bbq leftovers, weather) that's six things. If they come in threes, you've already completed two rounds. I wouldn't worry unless another round starts. ;) How's that for rationalization?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that rationalization and it seems right on - see my reply to Linda's comment.

      Delete
  4. I like Delia's rationalization. Hang in there, you'll be happy that you did.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. That's funny. I just gave someone else the same advice recently. Thanks. :)

      Delete
  6. Oh, I know what you mean about diet sabotage. But you know, I think part of dieting is learning how to manage exceptions to your diet. We were at a conference this past weekend. The food was provided for us. I suppose I *could* have brought my own, but it just didn't seem right. I did pretty well at taking small portions and choosing healthy options, but I also splurged a couple of times. I'm calling it a win. :-)

    I'm with Delia on the threes-- you're done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judy, Judy, JudyMay 25, 2012 at 10:12 PM

      Yeah, I think Delia was right. Glad you had a win with your diet at the conference. Every win helps.

      Delete