Friday, July 13, 2012

Paranormal Romance Novel: A Gift of Ghosts, Author: Sarah Wynde


Oftentimes when I talk about a book that’s new (at least to me) by an author that’s new (at least to me), y’all give me trouble about your tbr piles.


I’m going to nip that in the bud here before I even tell you the name of the book.


Ready?


Sweet-Sexy-NERDY-Seduction Scene--Complete with science-y words and concepts.


I’m telling you – you’re going to love it.


It being a paranormal romance entitled A Gift Of Ghosts by Sarah Wynde.

 <><><>

Akira sees ghosts: 

“Okay so he was a ghost…He looked like a kindly grandpa. Not her kindly grandpa—she’d never met any of her grandparents—but like a television version of a kindly grandpa, with white hair and laugh lines and a little more belly than had probably been good for him.”  A Gift of Ghosts by Sarah Wynde 

She moves to a town in Florida that’s a little unusual:

“In Tassamara, believing in six impossible things before breakfast is taken for granted.” A Gift of Ghosts by Sarah Wynde


To work for a family-owned company where both the company and the family are a little eccentric:

“She’d tried to research the company from California, but it was almost invisible. Oh, it had a web site, a completely unrevealing web site. The copywriter who wrote the text had been a master of saying nothing in many, many words. Apart from that, the name was too generic. The phrase“general directions” had 14 million hits on Google, most of them maps. Akira had deduced that the company was privately owned, but that was about as far as she’d gotten.” A Gift of Ghosts by Sarah Wynde


Zane Latimer interviewed and hired her:

“…he was insanely cute, she admitted to herself. That messy hair, the grin, the casual ease in the way he moved? And then there was the sweet way he’d taken care of her injuries, his careful touch and concern. She wondered what he’d be like in bed, whether he was one of those guys that was all about the final moments or whether he was playful and lingering…” A Gift of Ghosts by Sarah Wynde


He was her boss – sort of:

““I bought you a very nice digital oscilloscope, and I took the money for it out of Smithson’s budget,” Zane continued. “If you don’t show up tomorrow and play with it, he’ll get annoyed, and that’s never fun. Grace will yell at me—it’ll be a whole messy thing.” He grinned at her and it was such a comforting smile that it almost felt like he’d rubbed a consoling hand along her back.”” A Gift of Ghosts by Sarah Wynde

 <><><>

The book is a fun, easy-to-read love story with a good plot that includes some suspense. The characters are well developed and lovable, including most of the ghosts.


And, as I said earlier -  Sweet-Sexy-NERDY-Seduction Scene--Complete with science-y words and concepts.


Sarah has another book out that I haven’t read yet, but I plan to. A Gift of Thought by Sarah Wynde appears to only be available as an ebook for now. A Gift of Ghosts by Sarah Wynde is available as an ebook and a paperback.

 <><><>

You’re welcome, dear readers, you’re welcome. And after you've read it allow me to say - I told you so!


6 comments:

  1. You had me at paranormal.

    (Heading off to the library site now!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fun. You will like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, sounds like a great read! I love ghosts. (Well, in books, anyway. Not so much in real life, where they would probably terrify me, even if they were friendly.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like ghosts in books, too. And this seduction scene - good stuff.

      Delete
  4. You think you can lure me with your nerdy temptations? Ha! I'm onto you, lady. You and your book crack.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe - I'm a pusher. What can I say?

      Delete