Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Blue Frog Chocolates; willwriteforchocolate Yahoo group

Frogs In August

I skipped right over Tuesday and on into early am Wednesday without writing a blogpost.

August 1st and what have I to say for myself?

I'm procrastinating. Can you believe it? I have so much figured out towards my wip. I have created characters I enjoy and a world I like to spend time in but guess what?

No words are gushing forth.

I could give you some excuses but none of them are insurmountable.

I have some new incentive, though.

It's August and I'm back to moderating willwriteforchocolate. I've chosen Blue Frog chocolates out of New Orleans as a prize.

I will begin writing a thousand words a day and by the end of the month I'll have 31K written on my wip.

I won't have won the chocolate but I'll have words written and time spent with fellow writers and that's what it's all about.

For me, anyway.

What's it all about for you?

12 comments:

  1. Mmmmm. Chocolate. Pardon me while I have a moment...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're excused. Hope it was a good moment.

      Delete
  2. I finished my first draft but haven't been able to drag myself into revisions. Part of it is now I have to adjust over to craft and there's all this stuff I don't know about: beats and turning points and how to keep ratcheting up the tension and how to keep the comedic tone as well. I just froze. Got to keep going on with the idea that this is just for fun and I don't expect anything from it at the end.

    The chocolate sounds and looks good. *drool* :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whenever you are ready there is a formula for counting revision words.
      Just click on the link above and join us.

      Delete
    2. Yes just have fun! You'll learn as you go anyway. But in the meantime you might like this post from Writing Excuses, cause it's about just that:

      www(dot)writingexcuses(dot)com/2009/05/25/writing-excuses-season-2-episode-33-how-to-not-be-overwhelmed/

      Delete
  3. Oh, cute chocolates! Alas, I won't be winning it, either. It's back to school time. Translation: I'll be running my butt off. And trying to write a bit in between. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What fun. Hope you can fit some writing time in!

      Delete
  4. I got stuck at chocolate......
    however, I was inspired to go in search of a good purse (for the perfect, low low price, obvs) because of your LAST post. So, that's on my list. Under the category of: taking care of grief-riddled me right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chocolate is okay to be stuck on for a while. Purses are better for the general health, though.

      Delete
    2. And today we got a Frog message!

      Delete
  5. " I'll have words written and time spent with fellow writers and that's what it's all about. "

    me too!

    ReplyDelete