Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Paranormal Romance Comedy Novel: In A Fix, Author: Linda Grimes

In A Fix by Linda Grimes - FINALLY

Y’ALL THIS IS IMPORTANT!

I need you to forget about your current to-be-read pile. I need you to make your way to the nearest bookstore. I need you to purchase a copy of 


It's for your own good. Honest. If you want to thoroughly enjoy yourself you owe it to yourself to do this. Now. Today.

Heroine Ceil Halligan is an aura adaptor. She takes on her clients auras, essentially becoming them, and goes where they send her to solve problems for them. As themselves. Get it? Where is a good aura adaptor when I need one?

There are two hunky heroes; CIA agent Mark and long-time friend Billy. 

There are neo-Vikings.

And she ends up in funny, sexy, situations. 

If you've followed Linda Grimes blog at all, you'll understand when I say, it's full of Linda's humor. If you haven't, why not? Just kidding. If you haven't, here's a taste:

"I steadied her the best I could, and was mortified to feel my projected penis start to twitch when my arm accidentally brushed her breast. See, this was exactly why I generally prefer not to assume a male aura - I never quite know how to deal with an appendage that has a mind of it's own. (Granted, this one seemed twitchier than most I'd experienced.)" In A Fix by Linda Grimes

"Maybe you could stay just a little longer."...
"No. I don't want you to remember the first time we make love as some sort of work-related quickie."
"You're right," I agreed, if reluctantly, and licked my lips. Slowly. (What? They were dry.) In A Fix by Linda Grimes

I got to read the book as part of the ARC (advanced reader copy) tour that Linda had. I've just gone through it again looking for funny parts. Here's the thing - there are many, many, many. And not all of them are related to sex. But I don't want to spoil them for you. You deserve the delight that comes at each new turn in the book.

This is the kind of book that you can sit down with, forget about any cares you have, and laugh out loud until anyone who hears thinks you're crazy.

See what a giving, unselfish person I am with your best interests at heart? If you want to recommend me for sainthood, you can, but my being an atheist might jam up the works a bit.

Alright dammit, I'll admit. It's not entirely unselfish of me. I know Linda has more than one Ceil Halligan book in the works and I'm dying to know, what's next.

You will be, too.

<><><>


7 comments:

  1. Awww. You are too kind! (But that's okay--I love it!) Thank you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Tis true! An excellently funny book. And hot. Really, I don't see how you could go wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unless you read it in public and wet yourself or blow milk through your nose. Of course, if you do that we want pictures.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. The whole book is funny. Linda herself is just naturally a funny person.

      Delete
  4. This is such a cool premise. (Also, I need one of these aura adapters!)

    ReplyDelete