Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Poetry and butterflies

I have a blogpost in mind about a very good book I just read but I have the ho hums today.

Gonna give you a couple of cinquain poems by my wip character, Mimi Crows Berkhorn.

(Cinquain is 2,4,6,8,2 syllable lines.)

From Mimi's journal entitled: People Watching

----------------------------------------------------
Frenzy
charges the room
sticks you to me; you gush,
I blurt; no one listens; we spin
apart.
 
Human Jumping Beans
-----------------------------------------------------
Met up
with a talker.
She threw her words at me,
no room for input – pro or con;
Speech rape.
 
Captive Audience
----------------------------------------------------
She has
something to prove
look at her, she's sexy
listen to her, she's smart; sexy
smart, se….
 
Blond Goddess
--------------------------------------------------
 
And so you have something pretty to look at to go with the poetry - in the book that I'm going to blog about, probably Friday, she mentions Bath White Butterflies.
 
 
Aren't they pretty?
 

10 comments:

  1. Love the cinquains AND the butterfly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you said you were blocked. Pshaw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I realized earlier today that I need to start the story in a different place. Going to ponder that as I pool walk this am.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. That is one pretty butterfly!

      Delete
    2. (Did I just write that twice? Well, must be that your poetry is twice as nice.)

      Delete
    3. You wrote it twice but you were in moderation so I only approved it once.
      Ahh thanks for liking my, oops Mimi's, poetry.

      Delete