Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Romance Novel: Enchanting Lily, Author: Anjali Banerjee

don't judge a blogpost by the pics
 


I'm starting off my blogpost with a pic of my cat, Bernie, eating. Bet you think that means this will not be a blogpost about a book.

Ha! Gotcha.


This is a blogpost about a really good book: Enchanting Lily by Anjali Banerjee.

So why the cat pic?

Because there is a quirky cat in the book who has his own point of view. That's right, little pieces of the novel written from the cat's voice. And no, it's not pages and pages of meows. Honestly, you people are so silly sometimes. Or is it me? Don't answer that.


In the book a widow moves the remainder of her life to Fairport on Shelter Island in the Pacific Northwest. A lot of what she has left is vintage clothing and she opens a store to sell it. 

A wandering cat comes along and she meets the local vet and his teenage daughter through her concern for the cat.

The cat has some enchantments about it.

The characters are small town nosy yet neighborly. The protag, hero and daughter all have their faults and their lovable quirks.


The book has special touches like a mention of using herbal southernwood, also known as Old Man like mothballs. 

And someone with madrone colored hair. This refers to a tree with a pretty red berry so I'm assuming red hair.
 
 

It's a sweet book that I thoroughly enjoyed with a happy ending and an epilogue in the cat's pov.

Anjali Banerjee has written several other books that I plan to check out. 

<><><><><><>

PS. I can't use a pic of Bernie without using a pic of his handsome brother Blackie:


I can't seem to get a pic of the cats unless they are eating as they won't be still otherwise. And when Blackie tucks into his food he won't look up for anything. So what you can't see is that he has the most beautiful green eyes.



16 comments:

  1. Awww. Love the kitty pics!

    I do love a good happy ending, and sometimes "sweet" is just what I'm looking for in a book. Thanks for the heads up on this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a good book. I've mostly been reading sweet, HEA books lately; they are comforting and non-stressful. So this sounds like just the thing.

    Also, love the cat pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. Nonstressful books are essential right now. I think you'll enjoy this one. I sure did.

      Delete
  3. The book sounds like it is a fun read. I'll have to check it out.

    Love the cat photo's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My cats are crazy with their night and day personalities.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the great review, and I love the cat pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thank you for the signature thing you sent that I can put inside my book. I have a wee little collection of signed books and I'm happy to add this one.
      Also thanks for giving me a backlog of books to look forward to!

      Delete
  5. I just don't know if I'm ready for a cat epilogue. Then again, the last time I read a book with an animal POV, it was Cujo, so maybe I just not the target market. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Trust you to have Cujo as your go-to animal book. That reminds me - I'm going to go read your blog so I can ask what's going on with the contest where you entered the chilling story with the doves. You definitely should have won.

      Delete
  6. Damn, I simply cannot set aside my dislike for the beasts, which is sad, I know. This books sounds like I'd adore it. AND Pacific Northwest !!!

    A Madrone is a gorgeous and bendy tree. Usually gets wider than it does tall. Think of those types that grow sideways in the wind near Carmel (Pebble Beach). Has bark that looks like cinnamon. And slightly peel-y. I've never seen one flower or berry, but then, I've not been much of a Nature Girl before this year, so .....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "This BOOK sounds ....."

      Shit, probably karma for being a cat-hater.

      Delete
    2. lol I thought it was safe to post this because you were taking a vacay from reading blogs. If I would have known I would have warned you.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. I do love Bernie and Blackie even though they are brats. Bernie comes running everytime I arrive home and open the car door, begging for some cat lovin.

      Delete