Friday, October 12, 2012

It was a dark and stormy night.

Snort. I actually had that sentence in the first modern gothic romance novel I wrote. Delia called me on it. It was there and I didn't even see it.

It may be a cliche but, guess what?

It is a dark and stormy night. I just drove home from work in pouring rain, fierce wind, loud thunder and lightening striking frequently and frighteningly.

I love storms. I don't especially like driving in them. I'm usually going back and forth between being exhilirated and fascinated and cursing my luck to be out in them.

Do you like storms?

My cat Bernie, who usually greets me when I come home purring and begging for affection, is in his dry, safe, hidey-hole tonight.

I have a stack of books I need to tell you about but I'm falling asleep at my computer so I'm going to have mercy on your tbr piles for now.

Don't expect that to continue, though, cause there are some authors who really deserve accolades.

For now I'm off to get some zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's....

10 comments:

  1. Rain and lightning storms? No problem. I do not like driving in snow storms. But then, who does? Enjoy your snooze time. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The snow (or ice) storms that have happened since I moved to KY in 2003 have all been so bad NO ONE was driving in them.
      I definitely don't like driving in snow since I spent years in NM and CA in places where there was little to no snow.
      I am going to embrace winter a little more this year rather than being in denial.

      Delete
  2. I used to love storms. Until that time lightning took out the tree in our front yard, then arced over to the house and fried every electronic device in our house. Now storms make me a tad nervous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could see where that would kill the joy in a good storm! Hope you had insurance.

      Delete
  3. I have had no bad experiences with storms so I still love them, I especially love that because I live up in the hills I can see it rolling in from miles away...it's an amazing sight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds amazing. I really love lightening.

      Delete
  4. I love dark and stormy nights. I even managed to write about without using the phrase "dark and stormy" as tempting as it was. How can you NOT love that sentence? I know it's a cliche, but that makes it all the better. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. It's a sentence that is part of my psyche somehow.

      Delete
  5. I always liked Snoopy's beginnings. It was a dark and stormy night. A shot rang out. A pirate ship loomed on the horizon.

    Then one day someone tells him he should write something different, so he writes: "It was a dark and stormy night. A kiss rang out!"

    ReplyDelete