Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Priority One - Go Vote! Blue, Red or Purple - Just Do It!


UPDATE: I done it, y'all. I VOTED! Your turn.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today, in the United States of America, we elect a president.  

That’s an important task.
 
As I write this, I plan on heading to my voting place at 6 AM. That’s how important I think it is to vote.
 
Here are quotes, some serious, some not; that tell us wise people throughout history have considered voting crucially important:

“The ballot is stronger than bullets.” Joseph A. Schumpeter (also attributed to Abraham Lincoln)

"There never will be complete equality until women themselves help to make laws and elect lawmakers." -Susan B. Anthony
 
"How come we choose from just two people to run for president and 50 for Miss America?" Author Unknown
 
(Hehehe - Couldn’t resist that one.) 


"Personally, I believe that our American system works as long as you participate in it. You must vote and make your voice heard. Otherwise you will be left out." Mari-Luci Jaramillo 

“Every election is determined by the people who show up.” Larry J. Sabato
 
"I think it's about time we voted for senators with breasts. After all, we've been voting for boobs long enough." Clarie Sargent
 
(Again, that one was irresistible. Gave me a good laugh.) 

And finally:
 
 
“No matter who you are voting for, your country needs you to do it.” Rachel Maddow

If you haven’t voted – GO. Now. Without further ado.

If you have, relax. You deserve a piece of this:



But since I can't give you chocolate pie to eat - I'll give you something for your other senses instead.

Feast your eyes on this:

 
 
You're welcome.




6 comments:

  1. I'll be voting today around noon because this is when I pick my little one up from kindergarten and he likes the stickers. :) Also, I like at least one of my kids to come with me so they learn how important it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not only are you a voting citizen, you're teaching your kids to be voting citizens.
    My daughter does that, too.
    And aren't we lucky that we live in a country where it's so safe to vote that we can bring kids along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've already voted. TG and I were at our polling place by 6:30 this morning, and had to stand in line for an hour. It was great to see that many people there doing their civic duty. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is good. Just wish I wasn't at work listening to all the bs.
      Personally I don't want to hear anything until there is a concession speech on one side or the other.

      Delete
  4. I voted early: week before last. I had no ballot measures to vote on, just people, so it was easy. Still stood in line for an hour. Many people around here like to vote early. I wonder what it's like out there today? I just wish they'd do away with the electoral college so everyone's vote would count. I'm in a state where the electoral college always votes the opposite of what I do, so I feel as if my presidential vote doesn't count.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't have to stand in much of a line but it is so rural here.
      Saw the lines in Florida, though. Some people stood in line for 8 hours. Sad.

      Delete