Friday, November 2, 2012

pumpkin guts (not so much guts as smoke and noise) and chocolate winners

I'm late getting this up because I'm a lame-o, late-o this week.

Actually, that's only partially true.

I've been procrastinating on this post because something is happening and I want a good pic to post. Instead of waiting any longer, I'm going to tell you about it and edit in a pic when it's available.

Before pics;

KAT'S jack o' lantern

Awesome huh?

JAY'S jack o' lantern



My future son-in-law is starting a new post Halloween tradition with my gkids (his future niece and nephew; do you follow me?).

Guts didn't go everywhere but there was a loud explosion, lots of smoke, black lava-like stuff pouring out and a visit from homeland security (just kidding). Here's the video:

video


THE EXPLODING OF THE PUMPKINS / JACK O' LANTERNS. Should be fun for all and make a pretty, messy, orange-y picture.  UPDATE: not much guts but lots of smoke  and noise.

After pics:



<><><><><><>

I'm lame-o, late-o because I need to figure out who won the chocolate in October and post it. I'm going to do that next and edit that info in later, too.



Editted to add: Zeba C won the word count prize!!!


And I won the comment prize. That's right. Yours truly. JJJ. I love the comment prize because I get to play with the number generator. Don't you love computer generators? I like to have a reason to play with the number one or the name one.

The comment prize is suspended for November in favor of a prize better suited to be helpful for our nanowrimo-ers. Check it out.


<><><><><><>

On the pat-me-on-the-back side, I wrote some on my wip yesterday. So day one of November I put up a word count. Even though I'm not nanowrimo-ing this year, my goal is to write some everyday.

Whether you are participating in nanowrimo or just writing on a current work in progress, check out the special November willwriteforchocolate. I think it will prove to be fun and motivating. Join us if you are a writer.

<><><><><><>

Since we will be having exploding pumpkins, I'm going to leave you with my favorite Smashing Pumpkins song:

Bullet With Butterfly Wings - aka - Despite all my rage I'm still just a rat in a cage

<><><><><><>

Okay I'm heading off to hopefully be less lame and less late.

What are you up to this weekend?

2 comments:

  1. "On the pat-me-on-the-back side..."

    Will a pinch do? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is that an envious pinch or what? I put up a word count for day 2 also. Not a big word count but still!

      Delete