Friday, December 14, 2012

Peaks and a valley

It's been a roller coaster week.

I've hit some peaks.

1 - I met a goal that I rarely ever meet. I spent 3 sessions of 50 minutes in the pool this week.

2 - I finally wrote some on my wip after a long dry spell.

3 - I have been more organized about food this week. Ate much more at home. Meals that I cooked. Healthier.

I've hit the same valley in between the peaks, though.

I'm at odds with my youngest daughter right now. She has some good reasons to be very angry at her circumstances these days. I understand that. But right now she's very angry with me and I'm not entirely sure why.

I just know that as of our last disastrous phone conversation the ball is definitely not in my court and each day that she doesn't contact me, my heart hurts a little more.

She would call me a drama queen for saying that. Well, it's the truth. So, just in case, I've selected a crown.

I really like this one:


Have you ever been at odds with someone you love? If so, how did you cope?

6 comments:

  1. Hooray for the peaks!

    Re the valley: time often helps. Hang in there. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. FGV's it is so very hard when we are at odds with our children.

    When Jess was younger she had what I call her 'dark days' a whole rash of 'em strung together and for about 2 years I was the enemy.

    A lady at work had a son going through much the same and we were able to manage the whole mess because we had each other.

    I hope you know that we are here for you and will help to see you through. {{{BIG HUGS}}}

    Congrats on breaking the dry spell - that is pretty freaking awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good. I'd like to have several days alone with nothing to do but get my wip and my thoughts organized... Not going to finish that sentence and close doors to possibilities.

      Delete
  3. Oh it's hard when this sort of thing is going on. Sending you hugs. What do I do? Honestly, meditation's the only new skill that's helped me cope with Human Relations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you found that coping mechanism.
      My daughter has connected with her sister and her grandmother so I at least know she's okay. The rest will come, hopefully.

      Delete