Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Paranormal romance novel: Dream Eyes by author: Jayne Ann Krentz

Still Going Strong

BREAKING NEWS DEBUT ANNOUNCEMENT: A member of my cyber-tribe - Robena Grant - has not one but 2 debut books out RIGHT NOW for Kindle readers. Book 1 & 2 of her Desert Heat series trilogy have a 3 month exclusive run on Kindle before they come out in all formats in May, 2013.
Book 1 - Unlock The Truth
Book 2 - The Blue Dolphin
Book 3 in the series - Desert Exposure - due out later this year, was a finalist for the 2012 RWA Golden Heart Award.
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
Now to the <3 of this blogpost: 
There are many authors I love. I’m discovering new ones everyday. One of my favorite series authors has a recent release that gave me hours of reading  pleasure.
Lets talk JAK. Not smack. JAK. Jayne Ann Krentz aka Amanda Quick aka Jayne Castle
 I talk about several of her books and series here.
Jayne is writing a paranormal romance series that is so intricate and mutating that it never gets old. Especially with that voice of hers. And her mad world-building skillz. And her mastery of pacing. And her fascinating stories. And her HEA’s.
 AAANNNDDD her ability to write series books that also stand alone.
The latest in the series is the Dark Legacy Trilogy. Book one is Copper Beach). Book two is Dream Eyes which just came out January 8, 2013. 
I recently finished reading Dream Eyes. If you’ve never read Krentz, the first four pages of this book alone will make you a fan. It’s an intensely paced, suspenseful, thrill-ride with a hero you instantly want to get to know better. How does she do that?
The rest of the book meets the potential of those first pages. Compelling story. Very lovable, flawed, heroine. Ditto hero. (Oh, and despite book covers, her heroes are never Hollywood perfect. This one has hawk eyes and an angular face. Muscled, tough guy, of course, but still…)
 When I get a new JAK - and I buy hardback as soon as they come out - I don’t want to wait and I don’t want to read it on my phone or my pc; I block out time to read it all in one go because I’m going to do that regardless. I know myself and I know my love for all things JAK. 
After I'm done, I look anxiously to find the name and due date of the next book. 
As I said it is an intricate, mutating series. This book, Dream Eyes, is contemporary. The next book in the series is a paranormal historical by Amanda Quick. 
The eagerly awaited paranormal historical is the second book in the Ladies of Lantern Street Trilogy. Book one was Crystal Gardens. Book two is The Mystery Woman due out April 23, 2013. 
I’ve said this before but I don’t usually like historicals. Amanda Quick’s paranormal historicals are an exception to that. Normally while reading historicals, I feel helpless for the women in those circumstances. I would hate to be so powerless and at the mercy of men making the decisions in my life. In AQ historicals the women are never powerless due to their ‘talents’. It’s the difference between discomfort and pleasure for me. 
If this all sounds too complicated and you don’t know where to start or feel overwhelmed, jump in anywhere. Truly. One book and you will be a JAK fan. 
Are you already a JAK fan? 
Do you enjoy reading series books?I love them. Especially if JAK is writing them. Or Linda Grimes. Or Shelly Fredman. Or... Or...

10 comments:

  1. But...but...I don't have a Kindle. :(

    Sadly, I am not a JAK fan, but I do like a good series. When I read an awesome book, it's difficult not to want MORE. Looking forward to Quick Fix. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a JAK fan - the hell you say. Oh well, that doesn't take anything away from your basic awesomeness!!!

      Delete
  2. JAK is one of my favorites for fun summer escapist reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, thanks--I'm thrilled to be mentioned in such good company. :)

    I'm a big JAK fan, but I haven't tried her Amanda Quick books yet. I'll have to give one a shot soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a JAK fan, but I confess to only reading her contemporaries. I haven't been able to get myself into her historicals or her SF/futuristics. But I did finally get into her contemporary paranormals. My favorites are still her contemporary non-paranormals, however.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will be happy to know that the book she is writing now is a straight contemporary. Not sure when that will come out but if she's writing it, I'm reading it.

      Delete
  5. That's good to know, I do like JAK's contemporaries. Thanks.

    And a HUGE thank you for the shout out. You are so kind to do that. I just wrote kink and had to delete. Kind, kind! Not kinky! : ) It made me smile to see your blogpost come up on the blog rotation at Betty Verse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your book is next on my tbr! Now to find the time...

      Delete