Friday, April 26, 2013

Romance Suspense Novel: Desert Heat by Author: Robena Grant

Hehehe I told you so...

Feb 15, 2013 I reviewed Robena Grant's first book, Unlock the Truth and I said:

"This book is the first in her Desert Heat series and I will definitely be going back for book 2, The Blue Dolphin, out now.  The third book, Desert Exposure, due out later this year, is sure to be a good read. It was a finalist for the RWA Golden Heart Award."

Feb 22, 2013 I interviewed Robena about her second book, The Blue Dolphin and I said:

"Unlock the Truth - good. The Blue Dolphin - even better. Imagine how good Desert Exposure is going to be. (Hint - it was nominated for the RWA Golden Heart award in 2012)."

Now her third book, Desert Exposure is out, I just finished reading it, and I get to say - I TOLD YOU SO!

Don't you hate obnoxious people like me? But I was right.

Unlock the Truth - good. The Blue Dolphin - better. Desert Exposure - excellent!

The story and the pacing are intense and compelling. I fell in love with Rachel (and Ralph). I fell in love with Michael.

I said this about UTT and it's true about Desert Exposure also:

"The secondary characters are done really well also. I loved the ones I was supposed to love, questioned the ones I was supposed to question, hated the ones I was supposed to hate and went back and forth with the complex ones who did not reveal themselves so easily."

Again in Desert Exposure -the mystery is solved, the bad guys go down and the HEA is deliciously sweet and believable.

The books are published by Wild Rose Press. Right now they are all 3 out in Kindle format only.

Unlock the Truth will be out in print and all other digital formats on May 10, 2013.
The Blue Dolphin will be out in print and all other digital formats on May 24, 2013.
Desert Exposure will be out in print and all other digital formats on August 2, 2013.

If you haven't read any or all of her books (and BTW they stand alone if one trips your trigger more than the others) and you have a Kindle or Kindle app - whatcha waiting for?

Specially since UTT and TBD are half price until 4/30/13.

And again - I TOLD YOU SO!!!

26 comments:

  1. So pleased for Roben's success with this series! She's worked hard and her stories are great summer reads! I've read UTT and have TBD and DE waiting on my Kindle for lazy days at the lake! YAY, Roben!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for lazy days at the lake reading Robena's books!

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for this, Judy. I'm thrilled with your obnoxious statements! Ha ha. So happy you enjoyed the story, and thank you, Nan.

    Oh, BTW I saw your Amazon review. Thank you so much. You suggested another book featuring Fernando. I had always thought if there was a fourth book it would be Dave Stanton's HEA. ; )I even had his love interest mentioned in book #1.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok so 2 more. While you're writing the Dave Stanton one you can dream up the Fernando one.
      Told you - obnoxious.

      Delete
  3. "The story and the pacing are intense and compelling." Good, Better--GREAT!" Thanks for the review and YAHHH Robena!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seem to be on this trajectory, too: Unlock the Truth - good. The Blue Dolphin - better. Desert Exposure...

    I'm looking forward to stealing some time to read Desert Exposure in the near future. I'll be thinking of you, Judy, saying "I told you so!"
    :) and I just know you'll be right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll think of me at the end but you'll be too captivated by the story during.

      Delete
  5. This kind of "I Told You So" works for me! Good job.

    Barb Bettis

    ReplyDelete
  6. Judy, Judy, Judy...when you're right, you're right! I devoured Unlock the Truth, just finishing Blue Dolphin, which I liked even more, and can't wait to get started on Desert Exposure! The only downside? Once I finish DE, I have to WAIT for more from Robena Grant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah - I know what you mean. The waiting is the hard part.

      Delete
  7. I look forward to reading it.

    Linda Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read this one yet, but am looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Robena,
    Congratulations on your success. You have obviously worked hard and deserve it. Sigh, my TBR list just climbs higher.

    Regards

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH those tbr piles. I have one, too.

      Delete
  10. Thanks everyone. Judy wrote an awesome blog. Thanks for the love and support y'all. ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do the best I can without a Humphrey to turn to.

      Delete
  11. The "in print" dates are getting cloooooooooser and closer........

    (Can you see me jumping up and down from where you sit?)


    Also, J3, in answer to your last question (which I somehow missed?!) I have a few: Sarah Addison Allen, Diana Gabaldon, Janet Evanovich, and now Sarah-Kate Lynch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, how did Barbara Samuel O'Neal get left off of that list?

      Delete
    2. I know you - you also forgot Marian Keyes. I have the same faves. Amongst others.

      Delete
  12. I agree with you, Judy! Robena is a great writer :)

    Leigh

    ReplyDelete