Tuesday, July 2, 2013

It's here! It's here!

Saturday right before I had to leave for work - the mail person brought me something wonderful -

My Kindle!

I love it.

I have gone through the users manual. I have ordered a book* and read it. I have read a book that was already in my archives and am about to order the third book in that series**.

I like reading it. I like the fact that it is so light weight. I got the cheapest version - except I paid the twenty dollars for no popups - and I like the E-ink.

YaY!!!

*Actually Barbara Samuel O'Neal's wonderful novella, The True Story of Mattie Groves. It was very good.

**A serial that I haven't talked about yet but I will get to it because it is a little different and y'all will like it.

9 comments:

  1. Yay! Aren't they nice? I have a Nook (the idea of paying extra for no pop-ups makes me stabby) and I love it. I mostly still read paper books, but I keep the Nook in my purse for reading while I'm out. Also, it's handing for borrowing from the online library my local library subscribes to.

    YAY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It didn't make me happy paying the extra, either. Seems like extortion or something. But when I put up the blogpost about kindle vs nook there were so many responses with good reason to go kindle that I did it.

      Delete
  2. I adore my Kindle. I still enjoy a print book, but love the convenience of buying what I'm in the mood for reading right at the moment that I need it, which might be 10 p.m.

    Wishing you many hours of happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judy, Judy, JudyJuly 3, 2013 at 10:25 AM

      Robena - yeah I like the timing thing, too.

      Delete
  3. One cool thing (that it took me a while to discover) is that there are quite a few books for free (or for super cheap). When you are browsing, sort on price. The free ones are sometimes really bad, but I have found quite a few that I love that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely check that out.

      Delete
    2. Also libraries often have a download borrow service. Don't know if it's kindle compatible.

      Delete
  4. Yay! I read more on my ipad now than my kobo, cause it's first generation--slow little thing! But isn't e-ink great?! And I love the convenience, especially when people I know publish a book.

    ReplyDelete