Thursday, August 15, 2013

In the Midnight Rain by Barbara Samuel O'Neal

It's no secret that I love Barbara Samuel O'Neal.

So it will come as no surprise that a while back when one of her older books went on sale as an ebook I snatched it up. I had not read it before.

Now I have. And I loved it.

In the Midnight Rain is the love story of Ellie Connor and Blue Reynard. It's so fabulous.

It's one of those books that is hard for me to move on from because I am so in love with the characters.

It's a novel that revolves around music - mostly the blues.

Here's a blues song that gets a mention or two:

Mannish Boy - this version by Muddy Waters

And here's a rock song with a very blues feel that gets a mention:

Red House by Jimi Hendrix.

Do you get captured by characters and find it hard to move on sometimes?

When I checked amazon the book was still 99 cents. Don't know how much longer it will be that price but now that I've read it - it's worth any price.

6 comments:

  1. I LOVED this book. : )
    I'd also not read it when it first came out, but I was so so happy to have the chance now. Like you it has stayed with me for days. All of the characters were so well drawn, and I adored how everything related back to music, and I'm a huge fan of the blues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I surely do!

    Also? BSO'N has become one of my all time favorite authours. Her stuff is unfailingly wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Robena - The blues was one good thing about St. Louis. I used to go and listen to the blues a lot.

    @Julie - I love her, too. She has a new book that won't come out until march 2014 but it sounds so good - The All You Can Dream Buffet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read anything by her yet. Looks like I have another great author to add to my TBR pile. I don't know whether to thank you or to kick you. *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have read a couple of books by her now and yes, her characters stay with me for so long. Just beautiful. So I bought this one when someone, maybe you, mentioned that it was on sale for 99 cents (I buy a lot of those; I know they are going to add up some day). Barbara is a new favorite of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Linda: You're welcome :)

    @Skye: me too with the 99 cents thing; it rules

    ReplyDelete