Tuesday, August 6, 2013

The Worth Series

Mara Jacobs wrote a series of 3 books whose titles are all 'Worth the' (something).

In the first book, Worth the Weight, Lizzie has lost half her body weight. She heads back to her hometown with a plan to boost her confidence before starting a physical relationship with a coworker in her big city business.

Of course, it isn't that easy.

In the second book, Worth the Drive, Katie, Lizzie's friend, is in shock from the dismantling of her life when one of her college professor husband's students turns up pregnant with the baby Katie can't give him, or herself. She thinks a one-night stand with golf pro Dario Luna can make her forget for a night.

Or two.

In the third book, Worth the Fall, Alison, the third friend in the Lizzie, Katie, Alison trio, hooks up with the girls long-time, high school friend, Pete Ryan. Pete is a hockey pro who has just had a career ending accident. They share a dark secret which will remain a secret if they have their way.

Or not.

I enjoyed these books. They are meant to be light romances and they succeed very well at that.

And here's the thing - from now until 8/10/13 the e-reader boxed set of 3 books which is normally $6.99 is on sale for 99cents @ Amazon, B&N or Kobo. That's all 3 books for a total price of 99cents (and maybe tax).

Have you heard of any really good books on sale lately?

5 comments:

  1. What a bargain! Sounds well worth the price. Er, so to speak... *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved, loved Mara's Worth series and I just ordered her newest one, "Worth The Effort." It's my airplane read today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I'll get them!

    I completely lost myself in an ebook on my phone yesterday: didn't hear my housemate say she was going to have dinner and move into the other room, didn't notice she had moved into the other room. I only came out of it because my 8:30 pm alarm for taking night time pills came on. The room was fairly dark and I was alone. The book is Fairytale Come Alive by Kristen Ashley and it was great! It's also very long, so I didn't finish it until 11:30 last night. And it was on sale (I found it through the BookBub email I get daily) for 99 cents. Or maybe free for a couple of days on Amazon, I can't remember.

    Yesterday I read Homecoming by Janet Wellington and it had one of the hottest sex scenes I've read in quite a while. It, too, was a very good book, on sale or free.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Linda - hehehe bad puns are the best!

    @Nan - I didn't even know it was out yet - I am so going to get that one!

    @Skye - I loved that book by KA. She wrote 5 books in her ghosts and reincarnation 'series'. Not really a series because they don't involve mutual characters. But I loved all of them. Course I love KA period.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the heads up, Judy. I'll look forward to the read.
    Currently reading Never Deal with Dragons by Lorenda Christensen. It started out hilariously funny. but then it turned serious. I'm still enjoying it though. About 2/3rds into it.

    ReplyDelete