Sunday, December 22, 2013

Encinitas, CA

My brother has a beautiful, loaded lemon tree in his yard:
 
 
 
Today we went to the SRF garden in Encinitas, CA.  It is one of my favorite places on Earth. Lots of beautiful flowers like this Anthurium:
 
 
These are Birds of Paradise with the Pacific ocean in the background
 

This is my mom with the same scene in the background:

This is my mom with a cactus in front of the Pacific ocean:
 
 
We saw a pod of dolphins feeding and playing in the surf and a whale out beyond the Kelp forest.
 
 
End the day with a Thai food meal and what could be better?
 
 
Where is your favorite place on Earth?

3 comments:

  1. Lovely photos! I haven't been to the San Diego area since around 1990!

    My favorite places: 1) The ocean/beach in Lincoln City, OR; 2) the bedroom at the top of my friend's house (it has a stunning view of Puget Sound, the islands, and the Olympic Mountain range).

    I've never seen a dolphin in the wild, to I'm envying you now. But I have seen a mother and child whale cavorting in the kelp in a bay from the window of a restaurant, while with my mom and grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! It sounds like you're having a great time. Last time I was in San Diego it was to research Little Italy for a book. I loved it and plan to return. Soon! : )
    Have a wonderful Holiday season!

    ReplyDelete