Saturday, March 29, 2014

Sarah-Kate Lynch has done it again...

I just finished reading The Wedding Bees. I am, as usual, blown away.

Can anyone besides S-KL ever create a novel character who is a bee? Elizabeth the 6th is definitely a quirky, lovable character.

I loved Sugar and Theo. I loved all the flawed wonderful characters in the apartment building at 33 Flores in Manhattan. I loved George the volunteer doorman.

The story was compelling. The ending was uplifting.

Of course, I expected nothing less from Lynch. I have attempted to give her her just desserts, baklava perhaps, in the form of praise for a couple of her other books, Dolci di Love, here; and By Bread Alone, here.

I have read all of her books and am eagerly anticipating the next one which is about a laughing yogi.

I can't recommend her enough, y'all.

Now having just finished The Wedding Bees I think I'll go have a cup of my new favorite Irish Breakfast tea (not mentioned in the book) with lots of honey.

4 comments:

  1. I just finished it last week !!! HOLY FREAKING HELL do I ever adore that woman and her writing!

    YES!!! Of course she's writing about laughing yoga, that whole experience on the beach when they traveled to India was her inspiration!

    I LOVE HER SO MUCH !!!

    (Yes, this was overly punctuated and capitalized, but hey, it's Sarah-Kate.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. It makes me so happy to read her blog about how she is coming up with these things and travel with her vicariously.

      Delete
  2. Sounds positively charming! (And now I have to go fix myself a cup of tea with honey.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeppers on the tea and honey.

      Delete