Friday, August 1, 2014

A Lonely Magic by Sarah Wynde


You might remember from my review of A Gift of Ghosts that I like the work of Sarah Wynde.

Sarah Wynde creates worlds. The worlds she creates are places I enjoy being in. And all I have to do to get there, is read. This book creates an underwater world that is beautiful, complex and an entertaining place to spend some hours.

Sarah fills her worlds that I want to visit with people I want to meet. Fen is a young girl who moves me. The nice, safe hidey-hole she has created for herself to barely survive in, gets turned upside down and the strength she has always had inside surfaces just when she needs it.

I also met 2 likable brothers, their sister who is a fascinating healer and a relative Fen didn't know she had and still doesn't entirely trust.

I eagerly anticipate the next book to come out so that I can spend more time with Fen in her world.

If you haven't checked out Sarah's work yet, I encourage you to do so. I really enjoyed all the Tassamara (Ghosts) series and recommend reading them in order:
A Gift of Ghosts
A Gift of Thought
A Gift of Time
The Spirits of Christmas (a Tassamara short story)

Or you can start with A Lonely Magic which is the first in what promises to be another enchanting series by Sarah.

3 comments:

  1. Oooo, you know how I love a good series.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, an underwater world? Sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Julie - U & me 2!
    @Linda - she paints a pretty picture in words

    ReplyDelete