Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Sipping and pacing...

Today was my first post-op checkup. It has been one week.

I have released more weight. Yay.

I am having one small bathroom complication. Thus the pacing as I can't really go for a very long walk yet.

And the sipping is because that is what you have to do when your stomach has been reduced by 80%. You sip because big swallows just won't get it.

So for now, I'm sipping, pacing, releasing weight and NOT regretting my surgery.

Also - I am spending more time in my room which reminds me - my room needs some redoing.

I need a new desk to create a new writing space.

This one from pottery barn would work:

Of course, even if I could, I would not pay $1499 for this desk. Maybe I can find one to redo. Along with an armoire (pottery barn, again) like this:
 


If I could find some pieces of furniture like this that I could distress and change colors on - I would love that.

What's up with y'all? Anything got you walking the floor?

2 comments:

  1. In therapy today we discussed Acceptance (some more). To be as Zen as possible we have to let go, as you said, and release that which no longer serves. Baby steps, like tiny sips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Acceptance - baby steps - tiny sips. Like the relationships.

    ReplyDelete