Wednesday, August 26, 2015

magical evening

This was a magical evening. First, I took my grandson to read to a dog:

There is an organization called "Leashes of Love" which supports pet therapy. One of the therapeutic events they host happened at a local library tonight. People who are reading challenged come and read to dogs trained to listen. I went in with no expectations that it would be helpful. I left amazed at how well my grandson did reading to the dog, Caesar, and how long he read without getting impatient. They will be offering this program once a month and you can be sure we will go every time.

Second, my mom and I watched a movie from the Redbox:

It was so lovely. We watched the first one for a second time a few days ago so it would be fresh. This one was just as good. Lovely story. Cinematic beauty. Judy Dench, Maggie Smith, Bill Nighy and, of course in this second movie you have:

David Strathairn!

You thought I was going to say Richard Gere, didn't you? He is in the movie, too. He does a great job of acting and he has aged well.

But I have loved David Strathairn since The Days and Nights of Molly Dodd when he was confusing Blair Brown by tossing her up his shoe. That was back in the late 1980's. And he is maybe even more gorgeous now.

Anywho - amazing therapy - entertaining movie - magical night!

4 comments:

  1. Your grandson reading to the dog is precious. what a lovely thing for him to experience. Oh, and I do want to see the second Marigold Hotel movie, but most of my time is still being spent on weeding through stuff in preparation for my move back to L.A. I'm finally seeing the progress I've made. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moving is so draining. Especially since it almost always involves a clearing out - letting go thing. Take care of yourself. Watch the movie when you need a break. I loved it.

    ReplyDelete