Friday, October 2, 2015

Stay-cation

If you watched the Canadian show Corner Gas you know what I mean by stay-cation. You take a vacation from work but you don't go anywhere.

That is what I am up to this week.

On my stay-cation I am trying to perfect my Flat Whites using my new espresso machine.

I also picked up the latest copy of Writers Digest and got inspired to start a new story and find an agent. I had fun picking out the possible agents I might try for using my Animal Cards.

Now I am putting a story together that has been forming in my head for a while.

The working title may end up being the actual title so I don't want to give it away.

For some time now I have thought I might need to update or completely change my blog. That is in the back of my mind, as well.

It's that time of year again - The National Quilt Museum in Paducah, KY (45 minutes from my home) is sponsoring it's School Block Challenge. For years now I have helped my grandkids make their quilt block visions a reality. They haven't won anything but we have enjoyed the process and the results and they will both have many blocks to put into a quilt. This is Kat's last year as she is a home school senior this year.

But don't think I am in my head entirely for this stay-cation. I am walking and working out as much as possible.

Flat Whites, writing project, things to ponder, time with my grandkids and lots of movement; the perfect stay-cation for me. Oh, and hemming my new purple pants while searching for the perfect top to go with them.

Doesn't get better than this!

No comments:

Post a Comment