Thursday, May 5, 2016

Rowing and Writing

Today I had the most amazing rowing machine experience. I had been thinking about the book I'm not writing*. I decided to row with a paper and pen handy to make notes and think about my story instead of listening to music.

Row 5 minutes, stop to write for a couple of minutes, repeat 7 times for a total of 35 minutes rowing.

So much came to me.

The protagonist is Jane Rose Bloomfield. (Not sure I even remember what I called her before but it wasn't working.) She may or may not have the nickname JR. Recently bought half of the flower shop / living space that her adoptive mother, Constance Rose Bloomfield, Connie) owns.

Jane's love interest is Ash Lee Saner. Photographer. Has a brother whom he will confide in.

Wow - so much stuff came to me. Going down by the lake to write.

Hope y'all are having a good day!

*and by this I don't mean the way Jenny Crusie is currently not writing (wink, wink) a clever, entertaining novel. I mean not writing as I want to be writing but am not.


No comments:

Post a Comment