Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Longing

Recently I finished binge watching Revenge. It was compelling almost to the point of addiction. Spoiler alert for anyone who hasn't watched it to completion and plans to: the true Amanda marries Jack in the final episode.

There is a beautiful song playing as the wedding begins.

For You by Angus and Julia Stone

The thing is - the whole song sounds like longing to me. And longing is what I need for the scene I am writing. So,through the magic of itunes, I now have it on my ipod.

In real life, though, I am so glad I am beyond the longing years; at least the years spent longing for a man. I still experience longing in the sense that I long for my children and grandchildren and other family and friends to be happy, healthy, safe.

But that angst-y feeling of longing for a bond with someone appears to be in my rearview mirror and I can't think of a better place for it to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment