Wednesday, January 11, 2017

The Little Paris Bookshop - day 4

Prescriptions from The Literary Apothecary:

"What kind of book?" the oval whispered.
"The consoling kind."
"I need to cry some more. I'll drown if I don't. Can you understand that?"
"Of course. Sometimes you're swimming in unwept tears and you'll go under if you store them up inside." And I'm at the bottom of a sea of tears. "I'll bring you a book for crying then." Nina George

Different patient:

"My type. Okay. Excuse me, but maybe I should point out to you that I've come to your book barge for a book. Not a husband, ma chere Monsieur."
"With all due respect, what you read is more important in the long term than the man you marry, ma chere Madame."
(She leaves then comes back later.)
"All right," she said. "Give me the books that are kind to me, and to hell with the men who don't give a damn about me." Nina George

I loved this movie. Maybe I'll read the book:

"von Arnim, Elizabeth. The Enchanted April.
      For indecision and for trusting one's friends.
      Side effects: Falling in love with Italy; a yearning for the South; a heightened sense of justice."
Nina George

No comments:

Post a Comment