Thursday, January 12, 2017

The Little Paris Bookshop - day 5

This could go on forever. I have endless bookmarks in this book. But I think I have given you enough of a taste.

There is some sadness. But it's not the unbearable kind of sadness that bruises you. And it is overcome in the end.

There are regrettable decisions that were made in fear and there is fear to push through. And there is grace and beauty in the way the fears are vanquished.

There is love. There are unusual relationships. There are quirky characters. Everyone down to the last person is lovable with flaws. Except (for me anyway) Manon, who is the reason for Jean Perdu's regrets. I never loved or liked her.

It is, as I said on day one, a charming story and I recommend you read it.

The Little Paris Bookshop by Nina George

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recommendation, Judy. I will definitely check it out if I get a chance!

    ReplyDelete